Vidico is looking to expand its roster of freelance Copywriters!
If you are a Copywriter / Narrative Writer, who brings their creative A-game to every script; someone who loves crafting a story and is passionate about commercial video — this is the role for you!
You will be teaming up with with a talented group of video pro’s; producers and project managers to bring each story to life. All while working with some of the best brands around.
This role is entirely remote and available for commencement in January 2022. It is open to any location globally.
Where have I heard of Vidico?
We are a full-service video production agency that’s on the rise.
- We work with some of the coolest companies in the world: Square, Spotify, Uber, Airtable, Amazon, Bailey Nelson, Koala, The Oodie and Temple & Webster to name a few.
- There’s a 99% likelihood you’ve seen (and chuckled at) our ads on Youtube/TV in Australia.
- Our television campaigns across Australia and the U.S. have generated over 1.3 billion views.
- In our entire history of operation, we’ve never had anything other than a five-star rating across all platforms.
- In the last year, Vidico’s team has doubled in size and with that so has the opportunity for growth, learning and development.
What will I work on?
If you were at Vidico last month, you would be…
- Conceptualising; using your keen understanding of storytelling to assist the production team in delivering A+ creative content to clients.
- Brand Research: Taking time to familiarise yourself with the client’s brand and their audience.
- Drafting & Revising; producing the initial draft according to the brief, and revising the script through the drafting stages according to client and internal feedback. All while considering tone, style, genre, characters and more.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- 1-3 years experience in a copywriting or content writing role.
- Comedy writing is a big-plus
- A genuine interest and appreciation for storytelling, as this is at the heart of what Vidico brings to the commercial content space.
- Highly effective communicator, this is an essential skill as you will need to communicate with different departments to bring to life the storyboard.
- Attention to detail and consistency in deliverables.
- Ability to manage priorities under pressure.
- Highly organised and process driven.
- Confident in setting and managing client expectations.
Why work with Vidico?
- See your impact. From TV campaigns to some of Australia’s more passionate not-for-profits, we’re working to make complexity disappear through video.
- Training and full support. We take training seriously and will provide you with all the processes, playbooks, learnings you’ll need to achieve success.
- Flexible Work: We’ve got stunning offices in the heart of Collingwood, or you can work remotely from home.
How to submit your application?
Apply to email@example.com. We ask that you include:
- Link to your showreel, portfolio or notable works
Our selection process consists of initial communications via phone or email to determine your suitability and availability, followed by a 30 minute discussion with the hiring manager. These will be completed online (via Google Meets) or over the phone.
While we review your EOI, get to know us by visiting vidico.com and check out our story here!
A note that you will be contacted only when a suitable project or opportunity arises.