Digital Designer (Freelance/Contract)
Vidico is currently accepting expressions of interest (EOI) for the role of Digital Designer based in Melbourne or Sydney! There are multiple freelance and contract opportunities available.
If you are a Graphic Designer / UI Designer who’s got great creative skills inside Figma or Adobe Illustrator, and passionate about creating best-in-class design for commercial videos, this is the role for you!
You will be teaming up with with a talented group of animators, designers and producers. Working with some of the best brands around.
Please note that this role will be entirely remote.
Where have I heard of Vidico?
We are a full-service video production agency that’s on the rise.
- We work with some of the coolest companies in the world: Square, Spotify, Uber, Airtable, Amazon, Bailey Nelson, Koala, The Oodie and Temple & Webster to name a few.
- There’s a 99% likelihood you’ve seen (and chuckled at) our ads on Youtube/TV in Australia.
- Our television campaigns across Australia and the U.S. have generated over 1.3 billion views.
- In our entire history of operation, we’ve never had anything other than a five-star rating across all platforms.
- In the last year, Vidico’s team has doubled in size and with that so has the opportunity for growth, learning and development.
What will I work on?
If you were at Vidico last month, you would be…
- Interpreting Client Briefs; including direction on graphic and motion style.
- Conceptualising & Sketching; using your keen understanding of design principles and delivering A+ creative concepts to clients. You would be developing sketches to support your idea.
- Designing; Using the storyboard as reference, and creating assets inside Adobe Illustrator, and flexing your design-skills to: create user interfaces, overlays, type-lockups, iconography.
- Layering & Exporting: Layer the design files, ready for our animators to animate.
Skills, Education & Experience Requirements
- 1-3 years experience in design and multimedia content role
- A genuine interest and appreciation for storytelling, as this is at the heart of what Vidico brings to the commercial content space.
- Ability to manage priorities under pressure.
- Attention to detail and consistency in deliverables.
- Highly organised and process driven.
- Prior experience as a sound recordist or sound assistant is necessary.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is essential.
- Experience with Figma is essential.
Why work with Vidico?
- See your impact. From TV campaigns to some of Australia’s more passionate not-for-profits, we’re working to make complexity disappear through video.
- Training and full support. We take training seriously and will provide you with all the processes, playbooks, learnings you’ll need to achieve success.
How to submit your EOI?
Submit your EOI via emailing email@example.com. We ask that you include:
- Showreel, portfolio or notable works
- Cover Letter
Our selection process consists of initial communications via phone or email to determine your suitability and availability, followed by a 30 minute discussion with the hiring manager. These will be completed online (via Google Meets).
While we review your EOI, get to know us by visiting vidico.com and check out our story here!
A reminder that you will be contacted only when a suitable project or opportunity arises.