2D Animation Producer (Freelance/Contract)
Vidico are expanding and we are currently accepting expressions of interest (EOI) for the role of Animation Producer – based in Australia.
Our Animation Production team are looking for well-rounded 2D animation producers on a freelance or contract basis, with an eye for detail, strong creative drive, and organisational skills — to join our fast-growing team at Vidico.
You will be joining our dedicated in-house production team. Teaming up with some of the very best talent in video production, creative and animation in the country; from explainer video projects, to commercials viewed by millions.
Please note that this role will be entirely remote.
Where have I heard of Vidico?
We are a full-service video production agency that’s on the rise.
- We work with some of the coolest companies in the world: Square, Spotify, Uber, Airtable, Amazon, Bailey Nelson, Koala, The Oodie and Temple & Webster to name a few.
- There’s a 99% likelihood you’ve seen (and chuckled at) our ads on Youtube/TV in Australia.
- Our television campaigns across Australia and the U.S. have generated over 1.3 billion views.
- In our entire history of operation, we’ve never had anything other than a five-star rating across all platforms.
- In the last year, Vidico’s team has doubled in size and with that so has the opportunity for growth, learning and development.
What will I work on?
If you were at Vidico last week, you would be…
- Acting as the first-point of contact with our client-base.
- Managing and updating production scheduling for multiple video projects.
- Evaluating client budgets and coordinating resources within given constraints.
- Communicating with Vidico suppliers and stakeholders in order to produce projects effectively.
- Producing creative design assets for animation.
- Organising pre-production elements such as scripts, storyboards, illustrators and animators.
- Ensuring project delivery times are maintained and kept on track.
- Working creatively to present solutions that are innovative and resourceful.
- Developing creative concepts and pitching internal and externally.
Skills, Education & Experience Requirements
- Genuine interest and appreciation for storytelling, as this is at the heart of what we bring to the commercial content space.
- Excellent spoken and written communication; this is how our team functions, and it’s why our clients love us.
- From 2 – 5+ years experience in a producing, design or animation role.
- Ideally a Bachelors degree in film, television, multimedia or post-production (If you’re applying from Melbourne or Brisbane, we’ve had graduates from RMIT, SAE, Swinburne and VCA develop careers at Vidico).
- Attention to detail and consistency in deliverables.
- Confident in managing priorities and setting clients expectations
- Highly organised and process-driven; you need to consider yourself a pro in this area.
- An excellent sense of trends and style; you’re on Behance and Dribbble often, and you know what’s considered fresh.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects & Audition) is essential.
- Figma proficiency is also preferred but not essential.
Why work with Vidico?
- See your impact. From TV campaigns to some of Australia’s more passionate not-for-profits, we’re working to make complexity disappear through video.
- Training and full support. We take training seriously and will provide you with all the processes, playbooks, learnings you’ll need to achieve success.
How to submit your EOI?
Send your EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you include:
- Showreel, portfolio or notable works
- Cover Letter
Our selection process consists of initial communications via phone or email to determine your suitability and availability, followed by a 30 minute discussion with the hiring manager. These will be completed online (via Google Meets).
While we review your EOI, get to know us by visiting vidico.com and check out our story here!
A note that you will be contacted only when a suitable project or opportunity arises.