Head of Sales / Business Director
If you have already applied for the Account Director role, please note that your application will also be considered for this opportunity, and vice-versa.
At Vidico, we’ve engineered a new kind of video production process to allow high quality videos for both startups and enterprise.
We’ve got big plans to scale into next year and we’re looking for an executive position to join our team as a Head of Sales / Business Director. This role can be based in Melbourne or Sydney. To find out more about the role in under 2 minutes, watch this video and hear from our Co-Founder, Michael Pirone.
The Head of Sales / Business Director role is responsible for owning and growing the sales function at Vidico. They will oversee all of the sales activities, account managers and video strategists. The position is responsible for sales strategy, the development of the accounts team, mentorship, examining growth opportunities, maintaining high-level partnerships with key clients, enabling sales improvements, product mix development, understanding and acting on market trends, and taking responsibility for the department’s performance against target.
If you are currently a senior account manager or sales professional with at least 10 years of experience, and looking for the next step to level up your skills and make an impact, keep reading …
Where have I heard of Vidico?
We are a full-service video production agency that’s on the rise.
- We work with some of the coolest companies in the world: Square, Spotify, Uber, Amazon, and Temple & Webster to name a few.
- There’s a 99% likelihood you’ve seen (and chuckled at) our ads on Youtube/TV in Australia.
- Our television campaigns across Australia and the US have generated over 1.3 billion views.
- In our entire history of operation, we’ve never had anything other than a five-star rating across all platforms.
A Head of Sales / Business Director at Vidico will …
- Own, achieve and exceed annual sales targets.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base.
- Empower accounts team to meet OKRs and monthly quotas, alongside active performance management.
- Lead a team of 4-6 sales and account managers across Melbourne & Sydney.
- Lead generation across all multiple industries including tech, finance, and ecommerce.
- Collaborate with marketing team to ensure lead generation is tracking across KPIs and benchmarks.
- Lead the sales team in product releases and launches of new video/creative solutions.
- Build and maintain partnerships with enterprise-level clients.
- Produce long-term plans/engagements with these clients.
- Combine the above to meet annual revenue targets.
- Assist in the hiring process of future accounts personnel.
- In addition to strong digital/content experience, the candidate will also understand media buying, and advertising.
- Demonstrate experience in relation to expanding into new international markets.
We’d love to hear from you if …
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications, Business, Commerce or related discipline with 10+ years experience.
- Strong understanding of B2B sales preferably in an agency / creative / advertising environment.
- Experience in business development across video or media production is highly desirable with a learning mindset and dedication to results.
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets.
- Proven experience in collaborating with marketing to create consistent lead generation activity.
- Previous experience as a Business Director, Sales Manager or Sales and Marketing Director.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services.
- Proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to build strong, respectful and effective relationships with the ability to collaborate across functions
- Proven ability to successfully operate in an environment of change and growth
Why join Vidico?
- See your impact. From TV campaigns to some of Australia’s more passionate not-for-profits, we’re working to make complexity disappear through video.
- Flexibility. We believe you can do your best work, wherever you are. Our teams operate on a hybrid working model with remote-working options alongside in-office collaboration.
- Learning & Development. We take training seriously and will provide you with all the processes, playbooks, learnings, recordings, and tutorials you’ll need to achieve success.
- Technology & Equipment. The latest laptop, monitor and any other accessories needed to kick your goals – we’ve got you covered.
- Competitive salary. We want Australia’s best talent and reward as such.
- Pet Friendly. We have a well-lit and open work space in the heart of Collingwood, where all fur-babies are welcome.
How to apply?
Apply directly by emailing email@example.com. Being a video production company, it’s only natural that we have a special appreciation for creativity. Think outside the box and submit a cover letter that best illustrates your skills and experience as the most suitable match for the role – this can be in a video or written format.
Regardless of which option you choose, we ask that you incorporate the answers to the following into your cover letter:
- Background: This is your opportunity for shameless self-promotion. Tell us about yourself and why you’d like to join the Vidifam!
- What are your passions and hobbies?
- What drives/motivates/inspires you? This can be related to your profession/craft or from an overall perspective.
Please note that applications with a Cover Letter are preferred. Mention the word ‘Vidi-fam’ at any point in your cover letter so we know you’ve read this far.
What is our hiring process?
Our interview process for the Head of Sales / Business Director position consists of an initial phone interview, a first round panel interview, and a second round panel interview. These will be completed in-person or online (via Google Meets).
While we review your application, get to know us by visiting https://vidico.com/careers/ and check out our story here!