1 x Video Production Assistant / Studio Coordinator
If you’re a video production assistant or recent film graduate that’s hands-on, loves producing, and is a people-person — this is the job for you. Vidico is looking to bring on a Video Production Assistant / Studio Coordinator who will support our 16-person office in Collingwood. In short, you’ll need to assist the team across a wide gamut of pre-production tasks, also ensuring that our studio is well maintained, functional and efficient.
For clarity, there will be two main functions to this role:
- Production Assisting: Supporting the live-action team in bringing together all the required elements for a Vidico production, and for the shoot date to be a success. Which means having the opportunity to source talent, locations and schedule the shoot from bump-in to bump-out!
- Studio Coordination: your role will primarily centre around day-to-day office administration tasks, keeping the internal team updated with upcoming events and new processes, and servicing the studio to maintain a functional and clean working environment, and a dynamic working culture for everyone here at Vidico.
Where have I heard of Vidico?
We are a full-service video production agency that’s on the rise.
- We work with some of the coolest companies in the world: Square, Spotify, Uber, Amazon, and Koala to name a few.
- There’s a 99% likelihood you’ve seen (and chuckled at) our ads on Youtube/TV in Australia; Temple & Webster’s TV campaign might be familiar to you.
- Our television campaigns across Australia and the US have generated over 1.2 billion views.
- In our entire history of operation, we’ve never had anything other than a five-star rating across all platforms.
- We’re growing fast. In November last year we were 9 people; we’ll shortly be 27.
What will I work on?
If you were at Vidico last week in this role, you’d be assisting with:
Daily Production Assistant Tasks:
- Talent: Scouting / casting / acquiring / booking performance talent for Vidico productions
- Location: Scouting / reviewing / acquiring / booking location options for Vidico productions
- Booking: Crew call-outs & confirming availabilities
- Shoot Scheduling: Creating shot schedules based off of shooting requirements
- Call-Sheets: Creating and sending call-sheets for Vidico Productions
Daily Studio Coordinator Tasks:
- Ensuring the studio is orderly and functional.
- Office administration: Coordinating ammenities, cleaners, and safety.
- Newsletter & company updates
- Databasing and organising
What you’ll bring:
- Production Knowledge; strong understanding of video production process, especially in pre-production
- Resourcefulness; you can make quick and efficient decisions relating to creative and production, whilst remaining in budget.
- Collaboration; you’re a super communicator that’s on the same wave-length with your team mates. You can display empathy, you’re clear in your expression, and you’re a trait optimist.
- Excellent Spoken and Written Communication; this is at the heart of how our team functions, and why our clients love us
- Highly Organised and Process-Driven; you need to consider yourself a pro in this area.
- Manage contracts with vendors
- Keep projects on schedule and budget
- Location management
- Hire and manage crew
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in video production, particularly live-action
- Ideally a Bachelors or Masters degree in Film and TV, but this is not a firm prerequisite.
This role will work in a team of 4-5 on a daily basis; our vibe is very genuine, helpful and positive!
Why join Vidico?
- You’re producing highly sought-after video content for some of the coolest and greatest companies on the planet; we’re the makers of the Koala, Temple & Webster, and Square ads that you see on TV.
- See your impact. From TV campaigns to some of Australia’s more passionate not-for-profits, we’re working to make complexity disappear through video.
- Training and full support. We take training seriously and will provide you with all the processes, playbooks, learnings, recordings, and tutorials you’ll need to achieve success.
- Competitive salary. We want Australia’s best talent and reward as such.
- Central office. We’ve got a stunning office in Collingwood, 5-mins walk from Smith Street.
We move quick. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you haven’t been invited via email to schedule an interview with us 7 business days after submitting your application, unfortunately you haven’t been successful this time around.
Applicants that do not include a cover letter will not be considered — so please, write one and articulate why you’d like to work with us. Please also provide a link to your website or portfolio so we can see your previous work. Your application should therefore include:
- A cover letter
- Link to your portfolio (Vimeo/website)