1 x Video Content Creator (Live-Action)
If you’re a creator and content ‘all-rounder’ that’s ideated, shot, and edited brand video projects, online video campaigns and social content — this is the job for you. Vidico is looking to bring on Video Content Creator who will drive a considerable part of our live-action video projects. In short, you’ll need to take an idea from thought to screen, for some of the world’s most innovative brands. Specific experience in shooting for Ecommerce and retail brands would be a huge advantage.
Where have I heard of Vidico?
We are a full-service video production agency that’s on the rise.
- We work with some of the coolest companies in the world: Square, Spotify, Uber, Amazon, and Koala to name a few.
- There’s a 99% likelihood you’ve seen (and chuckled at) our ads on Youtube/TV in Australia; Temple & Webster’s TV campaign might be familiar to you.
- Our television campaigns across Australia and the US have generated over 1.2 billion views.
- In our entire history of operation, we’ve never had anything other than a five-star rating across all platforms.
- We’re growing fast. In November last year we were 9 people; we’ll shortly be 27.
What will I work on?
If you were at Vidico last week, you’d be…
- Ideating; using your keen understanding of brand and story to assist the strategy and accounts team in presenting A+ creative concepts to clients. You’d back this with an excellent moodboard or set of video examples that help the client understand your vision.
- Writing; once a project is won, you’ll need to further interpret the brief to refine the script for the project. Notes on visuals, transitions should be a part of your approach.
- Storyboarding; you’ll then direct an illustrator on your vision for the storyboard, and bring your sense for tone and pacing to the project.
- Producing; you’ll be producing some projects yourself. Elements like the right talent, location and set design to match your vision for the storyboard should come naturally and quick.
- Shooting; you’ll be engaging in some 1-2 person shoots, but also have the opportunity to be shooter on our larger brand videos with 5-10+ people. Ideally you’re also a handy photographer, and can shoot confidently on a pro-DSLR with manual settings.
- Editing; getting the very best out of each edit though in-office brainstorms and review and approval tools like Frame.io.
- Communicating with Clients; at each stage of the process, you’d be presenting your creative work to clients with the support of a producer and creative project manager.
What you’ll bring:
- Content strategy; strong understanding of advertising platforms, digital, broadcast and emerging new media outlets like TikTok.
- Shooting; you can shoot on smaller cameras, all the way up to systems like a Blackmagic URSA. You’re also an excellent photographer, and have previously shot products in-studio.
- Editing; you understand tone, and how to achieve an edit with the right tempo.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure creative fits the needs of their business area
- Excellent spoken and written communication; this is at the heart of how our team functions, and why our clients love us
- Highly organised and process-driven; you need to consider yourself a pro in this area
- Manage contracts with vendors
- Keep projects on schedule and budget
- Location management
- Hire and manage crew
- 3-4+ years of relevant experience in directing live-action video projects
- Ideally a Bachelors or Masters degree in Film and TV, but this is not a firm prerequisite.
This role will work in a team of 4-5 on a daily basis; our vibe is very genuine, helpful and positive!
Why join Vidico?
- You’re producing highly sought-after video content for some of the coolest and greatest companies on the planet; we’re the makers of the Koala, Temple & Webster, and Square ads that you see on TV.
- See your impact. From TV campaigns to some of Australia’s more passionate not-for-profits, we’re working to make complexity disappear through video.
- Training and full support. We take training seriously and will provide you with all the processes, playbooks, learnings, recordings, and tutorials you’ll need to achieve success.
- Competitive salary. We want Australia’s best talent and reward as such.
- Central office. We’ve got a stunning office in Collingwood, 5-mins walk from Smith Street.
We move quick. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you haven’t been invited via email to schedule an interview with us 7 business days after submitting your application, unfortunately you haven’t been successful this time around.
Applicants that do not include a cover letter will not be considered — so please, write one and articulate why you’d like to work with us. Please also provide a link to your website or portfolio so we can see your previous work. Your application should therefore include:
- A cover letter
- Link to your portfolio (Vimeo/website)