50 Video Marketing Statistics for 2020 | by Vidico
We only have few months left before we enter 2020, and this is the perfect time for businesses, both the small ones and large, to evaluate the video marketing strategies and practices that they have implemented this 2019.
These companies need to determine what worked and what didn’t to identify which practices they would continue in the coming year. Considering the fact that establishing production timelines and budget (especially for video marketing!) is time-consuming, you should start the planning process as early as now.
But if you and the key players in your company are not yet sold on the power of video marketing and how it can benefit you this yet or you are wondering about the best type of video production to implement for 2020, you may want to take a look at some of the most compelling video production statistics that are currently out there.
Our team at Vidico went out and researched over 180 pages of the most up to date statistics on video marketing we could find. These were the most helpful that we came across:
Psychology of Video Statistics
Here are some statistics that show why videos work:
- 65% of people are visual learners. (TAGT on Demand)
- People process visual data 60,000 times faster than they do text. (Nonprofit Hub)
- People retain 95% of information from watching videos and only 10% from reading texts (Forbes).
Video Consumption Statistics
Here are some of the statistics which prove that people want to see more online video (and that the majority of people find videos to be irresistible).
- 78% of Internet users watch online videos weekly, and 55% of them would take the time to watch videos every day. (HubSpot)
- 60% of people prefer watching videos online to TV shows. (Google)
- 85% of consumers want more brands to create video content (Hubspot)
- 56% of consumers believe that a video is a vital website component for brands and businesses. (Forbes)
- According to YouTube, the consumption of mobile video rises by 100% every single year. (Hubspot)
- People spend 100 million hours watching video content on Facebook every day. (Blue Corona)
- Marketers who use video can grow their revenue 49% faster than those who don’t (Wordstream)
Video Marketing Statistics
These statistics show how effective videos can be in marketing brands, products and services, and expanding audience reach.
- Viewers are 1200% more likely to share a video than they would share text and images combined. (SmallBizTrend)
- A Facebook video received 135% more organic reach than a photo. (Socialbakers)
- A business is 53 times more likely to improve its search engine ranking if it has video content on its website. (Video Explainers)
- The number of qualified leads of video marketers increases by 66% each year. (OptinMaster)
- 57% of people who watch video claim that these videos made them more confident in making an online purchase (MediaPost)
- 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the return of investment of their social media video marketing efforts (Oberlo)
- 47% of businesses have relied on the video to reduce customer queries. (Hubspot)
Video Audience Behavior Statistics
If you are planning to create a video strategy, you need to get to know your audience better first. In this way you can identify how you should create your videos and where to post them. These statistics can help you with that:
- More than 75% of videos are watched on mobile phones. (eMarketer)
- 90% of people claim that watching videos have helped them make purchasing decisions. After watching a video, 66% of millennials would follow a brand. (Brightcove)
- 84% of consumers were convinced to buy a product or avail a service after watching a video. (Neil Patel)
- 62% of consumers view a video before making a purchase. (Mediakix)
- Engaging video advertisements can increase consumer’s intent by 97% and brand association 139%. (Kissmetrics)
- People spend 88% more time on a website with video. (Oberlo)
- Almost 50% of Internet users look for videos of products and services before visiting the company’s store. (Wyzowl)
- Viewers prefer to watch live videos three times longer than the pre-recorded ones. (Social Media Today)
- 75% of people prefer watching videos on their phones horizontally. (Social Media Today)
- 2/3 of viewers prefer watching videos that are 60 seconds and less. (Omnikick)
- 45% of Twitter users are looking forward to seeing more videos from celebs. (Twitter)
- 39% of people are looking for explainer videos; 12% look for demo videos; 10% like video blogs more; 9% are looking for interactive videos while 6% want to watch software tutorials. (Social Media Today)
- 75% of Instagram viewers take action after watching a video. These include clicking to product checkout. (Social Media Today)
Video Marketing Best Practices Statistics
To take your video marketing strategy into a whole new level, here are some of the statistics that you need to know:
- 93% of businesses win new customers when posting videos on social media platforms. (Animoto)
- Videos with call-to-actions are 93% more effective. (Forbes)
- Videos that are 2 minutes or less receive the highest engagement. (Wistia)
- 81% of businesses like using Facebook for video marketing. (Buffer)
- Video marketing works best on these social media platforms: Facebook (81%), Instagram (74%), and YouTube (70%) (Animoto)
- 41% of video marketers use the webinar as one of their marketing channels. 83% of them are happy with the results. (Social Media Today)
- You must engage the attention of the viewers during the first ten seconds of a video ad since 65% of them will try to skip the ads as soon as they have the chance. (Social Media Today)
- 53% of phone users feel more favorable to companies that have video content on their sites and apps. (Biteable)
- 74% of video marketers claim that they are successful in using 360-degree videos. (Social Media Today)
- People are 37% more likely to share an explainer video that is less than 15 seconds long. (IdeaMachineStudio)
- 85% of Facebook viewers and 2/3 of Snapchat viewers watch videos with the sound turned off, and that’s why you should find a way to deliver your message without using audio. (Social Media Today)
- The optimal video length for Instagram is less than 30 seconds, while the length for YouTube is around 5 to 7 minutes. (Social Media Today)
- The use of the word “video” in your email subject line can improve its open rates by 19% and click through rates by 65%, so you should include video content in your email marketing campaigns. (Vedia)
- In Facebook, Square videos get 100% more engagement and 35% more views. (Jeff Bullas)
- Native Facebook content gets 89% more views. (Jeff Bullas)
- Viewers are 25% more likely to finish a video with subtitles than the ones without. (Uscreen)
- Videos with commercial breaks in the middle are 90% more likely to be viewed than those that have ads in the beginning. Because of this, you should place your ads in the middle and not at the start of the video. (AdAge)
- The view-through rate of 30-second ads is 30% higher than 15-second ads. (Google)
- Blog posts with video attract three times more inbound links than those without. (Moz)
- Facebook posts with videos have the highest engagement rate, which is 13.9%, so make sure to incorporate videos in majority of your posts. (Social Media Today)
These video production stats do not lie, and they prove that video will still be the king this coming 2020!
If you want to stay at the top of your game, you should put these statistics (especially the consumer behavior and best practices ones) to good use and integrate them into your marketing campaigns and strategies.
Also, make sure to collaborate with a professional video production company to ensure that you will deliver engaging and compelling videos to your viewers.
Vidico is a video production company that produces performing video content for innovative startups, and some of the brightest Fortune 500 companies, including the likes of Amazon, Samsung and Uber. We love writing on everything from video production, to video marketing, to video editing and producing.