Video has become an indispensable tool for marketers seeking to engage their audience and effectively convey their messages.
Video production for marketing is a versatile and compelling medium that allows businesses to connect with their target demographic on a deeper and more emotional level.
In this article, we will share with you various types of videos used in marketing campaigns, offer tips on optimizing your video content and video creation process, and discuss how to measure the success of your video marketing efforts.
What’s Video Production in Marketing?
Video production used in marketing involves creating video content to promote products, services, or brands. It has significantly impacted sales, with 78% of marketers reporting increased sales by creating video content. Additionally, 93% of brands have acquired new customers through video footage on social media.
Video marketing enhances engagement, boosts conversion rates, builds trust, and benefits from the popularity of social media platforms.
Videos are easily accessible on mobile devices, making them a versatile tool for reaching a broad audience. With their ability to convey messages effectively and evoke emotions, product videos have become a crucial component of modern marketing strategies.
5 Steps To Follow When Building A Video Marketing Strategy
1. Set Your Goals & Objectives
Start by defining clear goals for your video marketing campaign. What do you want to achieve? Whether it’s increasing brand awareness, driving website traffic, or boosting sales, having specific objectives will guide your content creation and measurement of success.
2. Find Your Audience
Understanding your target audience is crucial. High-quality videos benefit post-purchase instructions, with 93% of consumers finding them beneficial.
They also help reduce support calls by 43%. Tailor your videos to address your audience’s needs and pain points to ensure maximum engagement, value, and customer satisfaction.
3. Create A Story Through Content
Storytelling is a powerful way to connect with your audience emotionally. Craft a compelling narrative that resonates with your viewers.
Whether you share customer testimonials, showcase product features, or tell the brand story, a well-structured brand story, and educational content will make your videos memorable.
4. Get Creative
Stand out from the crowd by unleashing your creativity. Experiment with different video formats, styles, and tones to keep your content fresh and engaging. Creativity captures attention and helps your videos go viral, reaching a broader audience.
5. Stick To A Timeline & Budget
To ensure consistency, establish a content calendar and budget. Notably, 58% of companies have an in-house marketing team dedicated to creating videos.
However, 64% of companies cite time as the biggest obstacle to their video output. Staying organized and managing resources efficiently will help you overcome these challenges and maintain a steady stream of videos.
Different Types of Video Content You Can Use
Commercial videos are a staple in marketing campaigns, serving as attention-grabbing showcases for your products or services . They are designed to create videos for brand awareness, leaving a lasting impression on viewers through persuasive visuals and messaging.
Short films offer a unique storytelling opportunity. These narrative-driven videos can entertain, inform, or tug at the heartstrings, forging a deeper emotional connection with your audience while delivering your brand’s visibility and message.
Tutorial & Training Videos
A substantial 91.9% of users are generally willing to watch a diverse range of educational videos, underlining the broad appeal of this medium. However, regarding the target audience’s preferences, a notable 31.3% of these viewers express a strong inclination toward how-to videos.
Additionally, 29.8% of users lean towards educational content, demonstrating a desire for content that imparts knowledge and enriches their understanding across various subjects.
A brand video can reveal your company’s ethics, values, and mission. They go beyond products and services, aiming to build brand identity and establish a personal connection with your audience.
Studies reveal that interactive videos can boost click-through rates by as much as 300%, a staggering increase that underscores their effectiveness in capturing viewer attention and encouraging action.
Furthermore, uploaded videos have shown the potential to enhance conversion rates by up to 80%, solidifying their role as a game-changer in digital marketing.
Sales videos are powerful conversion tools meticulously designed to highlight your products’ or services’ benefits and features.
They serve as persuasive assets within your marketing funnel and sales pitch, compelling viewers to act by purchasing, signing up, or requesting more information.
A social video is tailored to the fast-paced world of social media. These impactful, shareable, and short video clips harness the viral potential of social platforms.
Their goal is to maximize reach and engagement, driving brand awareness and audience interaction.
Case study videos offer real-world success stories and authentic customer testimonials from satisfied customers. They provide valuable social proof, demonstrating how your products or services have benefitted others.
Customer testimonial videos build trust and confidence in potential buyers, reassuring them of the value your brand delivers.
Walkthrough videos provide an immersive, hands-on experience for your audience. By guiding viewers through the features, functionality, and usage of your product or service, they foster a sense of familiarity and ease of use.
A product video can help new customers understand the value proposition and encourage them to take the next step.
Ideal for kickstarter or crowdfunding campaigns, these videos explain the project’s objectives and the need for support.
They engage potential backers emotionally, telling compelling stories that resonate with their interests and values. Crowdfunding videos are a pivotal tool for driving contributions and ensuring campaign success.
Simplifying complex concepts, explainer videos are concise, engaging, and effective at clarifying your offerings.
An animated explainer video can break intricate ideas into digestible information, enhancing audience understanding and retention.
3 Phases of Video Production
The pre-production phase lays the foundation for a successful video. It involves creative brainstorming and video planning, developing and refining ideas to align with the project’s goals and objectives. During this stage, scripts are written, outlining the narrative and dialogue.
Storyboarding is another crucial element, visualizing how a high-quality video will unfold, including shot composition and sequencing. Pre-production sets the stage for the entire project, ensuring that all aspects of the live-action video are carefully planned and organized.
Once pre-production is complete, the video production phase begins. This stage focuses on capturing the audio and visual elements of the video. Attention to detail is crucial, encompassing factors like camera angles, framing, and lighting.
High-quality audio is equally important, as clear and crisp sound enhances the viewer’s experience. Additionally, styling and special effects are implemented during video production to ensure that the video’s visual and thematic elements align with the creative vision established in pre-production.
3. Post Production
The post-productionThe post-production process transforms the raw footage into a polished and cohesive video. This phase uses audio editing software to integrate background music, sound effects, and voiceovers to enhance the overall auditory experience.
Video editing refines the video’s appearance with color correction, transitions, and visual effects to achieve the desired look and feel. Graphic elements, such as text overlays or animations, are also incorporated to convey information effectively.
Post-production is the final step in bringing all the elements together, producing a professionally crafted video for distribution.
3 Ways to Distribute Your Video Content
1. Owned Media
Owned media refers to the platforms and marketing channels that your organization or brand controls. This includes your website, blog, and social media profiles.
Utilizing owned media allows video creators to control how and where their content is presented. It’s a valuable space for hosting video production services, creating a branded experience, and engaging with your existing audience.
2. Earned Media
Earned media involves the organic exposure and brand visibility your high-quality content gains through word-of-mouth, social sharing, and online mentions.
When individuals or groups find your content compelling, informative, or entertaining, they willingly endorse it by sharing it with their networks on social media channels, forums, or blogs.
These organic recommendations and discussions can significantly expand your video’s reach and impact, reaching a broader and more diverse audience than you might achieve through owned or paid media alone.
3. Paid Media
Paid media involves investing in advertising to promote your content. Social media channels like Instagram and Facebook increasingly emphasize video, offering robust ad targeting options for reaching specific audiences.
Other platforms like YouTube and TikTok have always prioritized content, making them fertile ground for earned media through likes, shares, and comments.
YouTube is a dominant player in video marketing , with 83% of consumers favoring it for content. Additionally, more than 40% of consumers have reported purchasing based on products they discovered on YouTube.
Even platforms without native video uploads acknowledge the importance of video marketing.
For example, tweets with videos on Twitter receive 10x more engagement, and 68% of video marketers plan to utilize LinkedIn videos this year. Pinterest is also a growing video platform, with users watching nearly a billion videos daily.
How Do You Evaluate Video Performance?
- View Count: The most straightforward metric is the number of video views. This provides an initial indication of its reach. However, it’s important to remember that high view counts sometimes correlate with engagement or conversion.
- Engagement Metrics: Dive deeper by examining engagement metrics like likes, shares, comments, and click-through rates (CTR) . These metrics reflect how well a great video resonates with the audience and whether it encourages them to take action.
- Audience Retention: Monitor how long video viewers stay engaged and watch your visual content. Audience retention metrics can reveal whether your content captures and maintains viewer interest throughout its duration.
- Conversion Rates: Ultimately, the success of video marketing often hinges on conversions. Track how many viewers take the desired action after watching your video, such as signing up for a newsletter, purchasing, or filling out a contact form.
- Click-Through Rates (CTR): CTR indicates how effectively your video drives traffic to your website or landing page. A higher CTR suggests that your actual video is compelling and prompts viewers to seek more information.
- ROI (Return on Investment): Calculate the return on investment by comparing the cost of producing and promoting the video against the revenue or value generated. This metric helps video production companies determine whether their marketing efforts are financially sound.
- Social Sharing: The number of times your video is shared on social media channels can strongly indicate its success. Shares indicate that viewers find the content valuable enough to pass along to their networks.
- Heatmaps and User Analytics: A video production company can use heatmaps and user behavior analytics to provide insights into how viewers interact with your video. These tools reveal which parts of the video are re-watched, skipped, or paused, helping you understand viewer preferences.
How Much Does Video Production Cost?
Video ad spending surged to an impressive $62 billion globally in 2020, signaling the immense value businesses place on this medium. The reason behind this enthusiasm lies in the undeniable effectiveness of video ads in captivating consumer attention and influencing purchasing decisions.
Research indicates that viewers retain a remarkable 95% of a message when delivered through video, a striking contrast to the mere 10% retention rate associated with text-based content.
This compelling statistic underscores the undeniable power of video as a communication tool, prompting businesses to invest strategically in this medium while carefully considering the costs involved.
How Do You Use the Power of Technology in Video Marketing?
- Set Clear Objectives: Define specific goals for your marketing efforts. Whether it’s increasing brand awareness, driving website traffic, boosting sales, or enhancing customer engagement, having clear objectives will guide your video marketing strategy.
- Identify Your Target Audience: Utilize technology-driven analytics and audience insights to identify your ideal audience. This data allows you to tailor your content to resonate with specific demographics, behaviors, and preferences.
- Craft Compelling Messages: Use technology to conduct market research and competitive analysis, helping you pinpoint the key messages and call-to-action that resonate with your audience. AI-powered sentiment analysis can provide valuable insights into consumer sentiment.
- Choose the Right Platforms: Leverage technology to determine which platform is your target audience’s preference. Social media listening tools and data analytics can inform your platform selection, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Optimize for Mobile: Given the prevalence of mobile device usage, every video production company ensures that your marketing videos are optimized for various screen sizes and load quickly on mobile connections. Responsive design and mobile phone-friendly video players are essential.
- Leverage Personalization: Harness the power of AI  and machine learning to deliver personalized content. These technologies can analyze user behavior and preferences to recommend relevant videos, enhancing user engagement.
- Track and Analyze Performance: Utilize video analytics tools to monitor the performance of your videos—track metrics such as view counts, watch time, engagement, and conversion rates. Technology-driven analytics provide valuable insights into what’s working and what needs improvement.
- Ensure Accessibility: Use technology to make your videos accessible to a broader audience. Incorporate closed captions, subtitles, and audio descriptions to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
What’s the impact of video on SEO?
Video significantly influences SEO, with about 31% of marketers using it to boost rankings. When content is integrated, websites benefit from higher search engine placements, as it elevates page quality and extends visitor engagement time.
Meanwhile, 83% of marketers acknowledge video’s crucial role in lead generation, even as over 60% see an uptick in customer acquisition costs. In summary, the impact of video on search engines undeniably drives better rankings and enhances marketing efforts.
How will you know if your video is successful?
To gauge your video’s success, a few options are assessing metrics like view count, engagement (likes, shares, comments, CTR), audience retention, conversion rates, and qualitative feedback. The marketing department can calculate ROI by comparing costs to revenue.
Ensure video goals and benchmarks well, and optimize through A/B testing and user analytics. These steps provide a comprehensive evaluation for informed decision-making in future video marketing efforts.
Why is video marketing important for businesses?
Video marketing is crucial for businesses because it offers an engaging and versatile way to connect with audiences. It conveys brand stories, enhances SEO performance, boosts conversion rates, and fosters trust and authority.
With the prevalence of mobile devices and social sharing, video strategy ensures a broader reach and competitive advantage in the market. Additionally, analytics provide valuable insights for data-driven improvements, making video marketing an essential tool for modern businesses to stay relevant and competitive.
Video marketing strategy is indispensable in today’s digital landscape. It offers the power to captivate, engage, and influence audiences like no other medium.
The ability to tell compelling brand stories, convey information effectively, and foster deeper emotional connections with viewers makes video an invaluable asset for businesses.
With the ever-increasing consumption of video content and its versatility, investing in video production is not just a trend but a strategic imperative.
Elevate your brand, engage your audience, and drive results through our expert video production services. Transform your video marketing strategy  with compelling content that captivates and converts.
Get started today by using VidiFit Quiz for a free estimate.